Friday, April 11, 2008

First deal with Windows 98SE

Few days ago, I recalled there was a DOS game during my promary school time, it was such a nice game to me and I've not yet conquered it. At the moment I was very eager to get the game back to '"gao dim" it.

Hence, I googled for it and downloaded it, with the emulator (emulator for DOS game), however, I failed to play, googled for solution, applied (repeated n times) and finally...I still cannot play it.

Another idea flashed in my mind, how about I setup a Windows 98 virtual machine?

At once, I googled and downloaded Windows 98 SE Chinese Edition (that was a chinese game, no need to setup the Chinese Star or NjStar to play it ^^) and the boot disc as well.

This is the first time I setup Windows 98 machine. Most of the online guides come with the instruction on how to setup using Windows 98 CD, but since I do not have the CD, I need to go for other ways.

Finally I find out the way.

FDisk -> Create Partition -> Run the WIndows Setup -> Done :D

Game...I'm jumping over to you~

Failed again, same as the emulator T.T

Suddenly, the game is not such attractive to me...

0 comments: