Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tokyo Boy 东京少年


This is a Japanese movie that I think that it worth me to stay at home during nice Sunday, here is the official website of the movie but sadly, it is in Japanese: link.

The story is simple, and I would say it is a little bit groomy, but undoubtly it is a good movie.


This movie was acted by a cute girl,
Maki Horikita (堀北 真希), 20.

The story begins in a convenient store (便利店), where the hero (Xiu) and heroin (Minato) met, and soon they fall in love, after a few dates, Xiu noticed that Minato is actually having psychological problem of a double personality, and the another soul stay in her body is Minato's penpal, Night (this is a boy character :D). The story ends with Xiu managed to persuade Night to leave Minato.


Flashback was used frequently in the movie, the story repeated from the view of Xiu, Minato and Night. When the story comes to its last climax, where Night find out that his presence (again, Night is a boy character) brings consequences to Minato, he deicdes to leave her alone (this is where the third flashback occurs, and here we can watch the story from Night's view and this explains why Xiu want to break up with Minato and also why Night exist in the first place), the scene is very touching, his love on her but he has to leave Minato and his never-gonna-dream-come-true wish to meet Minato (real person, not in mirror) earn my tears and remind me of a song:

I'm looking up at the stained sky
so my tears don't well up and fall.
Why can't people live
as they wish
I don't want a weak heart that can't cry
or the strength not to cry.
I'll search for a shooting
star to cast my wishes on, but
dawn is coming too soon
and I won't be able to find one.

There's never a day that I have
to remember you because
I never for a moment forgot you.

Whenever I'm sad I have
a habit of saying I'm ok.
After something stopped
that day, no matter
how much I pray,
I can't see a single star.

I want to see you, I want to see you.
Your smiling face in my memory is
just too kind.

There's never a day that I have
to remember you because
I never for a moment forgot you.

I want to see you, I want to see you.
Your smiling face in my memory is
just too kind.

0 comments: