Sunday, June 29, 2008

Annual Dinner 2008

Recalling my last year memory, it was my first time joining company dinner, and the theme was Jazz, which I spent RM300++ for the blazer and being known as "rich guy" that time. This year, the honor has passed to Richard for his RM 200 Zara shirt.

For the theme this year, I spent again, for a black tie, a white shirt, and a white belt (All together RM 123, paid by credit card, for testing). For the pant, I wore a G2000 white (consider white) pant that I bought before '08 Chinese New Year.

Woke up early in the morning, took bath, went out for a hair cut, which spent me an hour for a...an ordinary hair style.

Reached home at 2.15 pm, ironed clothes, took bath and start picked the best clothes for the dinner.

One hour later, everything is ready, and I received call from Kong Siang, okay, time to go out.

Reached Conventional Center at about 5.15 pm and Wan Zhung is already there, thanks to him, for set up my tie for me, I'm perfect (just a bit slim :$)!

Another hour passed, but none of my teammate (appcompat & scripting) arrived. And soon the door opened and everyone rushed for tables...and we got three for everyone.

However, due to their late, we have to give up one table, and sorry to Aida and her boyfriend, we couldn't make the reservation for her.

Different from last year, the dinner was held in a bright hall (we had all the lights on), and thank you, I could thus turn off my camera flash and took more pictures (144 of them).

Wow, our latecomers were pretty, handsome, grace and cute (especially for our dear Jason for his young appearance, no offense :P). A long photo session to celebrate this, MC and presenters were ignored.

The food is so so, it's a chinese food (halal of course), compared to last year, yesterday I was very worry and careful while having the dinner, the yellow, red and dark color food (curry) scared me, I was in white, and a small accident might ruin everything! Did the organizer consider this?

Short dinner, long performances and only one or two were fascinating, and the others were just wasting our time, I think everyone would prefer to cancel the performances and start the lucky draw sessions.

It was an unlucky event, none of us had our lucky number announced, this happened the first time, and this would be the last event from Shell.

After the dinner and a quick photo session, we went to have our second round, so sad that market place is no longer a good choice for us, so we went for a mamak shop. Spent another hour there before we went back.

Well, I enjoyed myself yesterday, I can see my smile on every photo I took, a happy ending for the journey of my first Shell life...

Next week I'll be part of EDS...

How I wish...

0 comments: