Monday, July 20, 2009

Nikon D5000 Service Advisory

Not sure since when, people around me started to fall into a costly hobby, or should call it a trick? I mean photography here.

It used to be only bosses' toy, or for those really into photographing world. For us? No point getting an expensive stuff for general shooting.

Months ago (I believe not years ago), it became not that costly, if you are planning to get a point and shoot camera, with the price of 1.4k, well, with another 2 or 3 hundreds top up, you can get a SONY a200, with a "Highly Recommended" stamp from dpreview.com, and also with a high value points of 9.5 (should be out of 10).

So why don't getting a SLR?

Worry bout the manual setting? Guys, some SLRs have scene modes, you take snow picture easily...

Skill problem, if with all auto setting still got problem then my advice is, it will end up the same with point and shoot, quit photography and be the one being shot ^^

Recently, I fall in love with SLR also, considering less post-shooting work, so I would like to invest on those popular camera brands, and I put my eyes on Nikon D5000 (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond5000/). It is (as far as I know) the first entry level Nikon camera with live view feature.

However, I get this shocking news last weekend, Nikon has posted the news on its official web site (http://nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/D5000-Service-Advisory.page) that D5000 encounters power control issues.

It is sad, because of my first late born camera; yet it is not really a bad news as I have more time to save money, to be more prepare to jump into this never ending costly world (even though it is not as costly as previously, but still it is)...

Note: For those who like to buy Nikon D5000, please check the serial number before you buy, for details, check the link above!

0 comments: