Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Online License Renewal

Yesterday, I went back and tried to unlock the door of my house when I found out that my keys were left in my room. Without second thought, I took out my driving license and try anyway I could to "break in". It was then I found out, mt driving license has expired! Since 27th Novenmber 2007! OMG!
Forget the door story which I was able to get in with the help from one of my housemates, and I managed to get into my room with the contribution of my driving license :D.

I started to plan to go JPJ or post office to renew my driving license. Few minutes ago, I tried to dig if there is any way I can do it online, I checked POS Malaysia (http://www.pos.com.my/), nothing much help. Then I went to JPJ website (http://202.190.64.96/v5/index.php?lang=en) and I surprisedly found a link to renew license online!



After fill in the form, which I confuse with my residential category, I chose Penduduk Tetap (Permanent Resident) instead of Orang Awam (Resident of Malaysia), I managed to renew my license with additional RM 5 for hand delivery of the license (would arrive in 5 working days) and RM 2 service charges.



A duplication entry here: payment method, which I have chosen the time when I fill the form.

Next step is filling credit card info. And they are using RHB bank!

It is quite convenient, especially for those who do not own transport or hard to get to post office/JPJ at working hour. And I really hope it really works!

0 comments: