Friday, January 16, 2009

5800 XM Experience...

It has been a week since I bought my 5800 XM last Saturday. I had my mood went up and down for this whole week, happy when people like it, people said it is good, a bit sad when find out any bug/inconvenient setting, extremely worry when anything does not turn up correctly...And here, I would like to share some of my experince.

Firstly, the camera. We all know well that, Sony Erricson K series posses better shooting performance compare to Nokia phones. And yes, even though my 5800XM has Carl Zeiss, the shoots looks only good for close-up pictures. And for the video side,
it works great, I started to capture/record a video when I was walking in an opened area, and then went into basement parking (I forget to switch on the light), and I think it worked better than I expected (after I felt a bit dissapointed from the 3.2 MP camera). And my voice changed in the video as well, sound like monster...

Video:


Image:


The next item I would like to share is the landscape mode of 5800XM, this is the first phone I own that has landscape mode and hence, I have no idea how was it before 5800XM. After I try on mine, I think it’s a bit sensitive. Let’s say I put my phone on table, unlocked it, opened Option menu, and over 90% chance that the menu will appear in landscape mode, is this normal? Or my table problem?

I also tried on its famous well-performance music player, well, again, I have no idea how it works on other phones, but honestly, I don’t really like it. Most of the time, I listen to my Altec Lansing 4121 or my headset Philips SHP2000, and I like them a lot, perhaps AL4121 is too dim on its output but with the price below RM200, I can hardly find any good opponent for it. And my headset, no complaint, as a headset, I think it is good enough for everything. Now comparing them with 5800XM, I do not really expect it is better than Altec Lansing, but if it was closer to my SHP2000, then I would give it a thumb up…

I was in a very dim mood yesterday, as I failed to get my GPS worked at all, no satellite found, I can’t get my position, the map is not updated, etc…everything has ruined my mood. After done several checks, I found out that it possibly due to my 3G network, and again, I never use 3G ever, and no idea that I need to activate it. Right a few paces after I went out of office, I ring up Maxis to get my 3G activated, and everything works now (but need more testing)!

I bought it for RM 1.3K and one of my friend got it at RM 1.45, in fact, I was very worry that this phone is some kind of water stock, that it might not work properly, and now I finally exhale…

Anyone that has any thought or query, please feel free to let me know :P

0 comments: